Sunday, April 4, 2010

This one time I followed Japanese people.

Easter started out normal and nice enough. Began with 8am Mass, went to the early one since the fewest people go to that service. Did a little shopping, new books for spring break. Met some friends for brunch at the Officers Club- watched children freaked out and cried when approached by giraffes, monkeys, and bunnies (not actual animals, people in costumes).

When I got home I decided to go for a short walk. While walking I noticed many Japanese people walking to and from "some place." Now I didn't know where they were coming from or where they were going but there was a steady stream of people. So having nothing better to do I got in line. I followed and walked and walked and walked. Finally I ended up on top of a mountain at a park with the most AMAZING view. I could see Tokyo Bay, Hayama, the base, ... miles in all directions.Since I had only planned on a short walk I didn't have my camera, so no pictures for you. Next time.

I have lived walking distance from the most beautiful hike for 1.5yrs and never knew. All I had to do was turn left.

No comments: