Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Moved In

I found the house just fine and was there early to sit and wait for everyone to show up. The gas man and electrician came and went with no problems. The realtors came and made a DETAILED list of everything wrong with the house, tack holes listed, minor scratches on the floor, the outline of paintings hung, . . . took FOREVER.

The movers. . . first they drove right past the house and I had to go running into the street to find them. When I came back I found them a few doors down trying to unload. So now I am trying to complete this detailed list for the realtor and direct the movers with all my boxes. Both were patient and we got things situated nicely. My furniture on the other hand was difficult. Everything I own is too big for this house- and right now I actually own very little. My very little couch couldn't fit through the doorway so they had to take out some windows and slide it in from outside. My roll top desk belonged upstairs in the office area of my huge bedroom, but the desk was WAY too big for the stairs. So, they hoisted it up through my balcony. It was very scary to watch, but the movers were great (and fast).

Overall the move was good. By 2pm everyone was gone and I was alone to start arranging everything. Now I don't want to move again for a very long time!

No comments: