Monday, October 27, 2008

Sounds

Spent all last week organizing my house. I have WAY too much clothes and shoes. So far I still really love my house. . . Except for the sounds.

My first night there I thought there was a cat dying in my bathroom. At least I hope it was dying from the horrible noises it was making. I actually got up to look for it but it was just on the street outside my window. My house backs up against a hill and the second floor is in line with the street on the top of the hill.

Being right on the street corner the bus picks up/drops off kids for school right my upstairs window.

There is also a stone stair case leading up the hill right by my front door and I get to hear people climb that at all hours.

And then it rained. . . Being at the bottom of the hill I get to hear all the water running down hill. The first night I though I left a faucet on FULL BLAST. But no it was just the rain pouring down into the drain below my house.

Don't get me wrong. I really do love my new home, just getting used to the sounds my house and neighborhood. I am already blocking out most noise and my sleep is no longer being disrupted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you have identified all the strange sounds, so there should not be any worry. Not like ghost hunters! Invest in ear plugs if all else fails. Let us hear some more from you soon. Take care, and remember someone in Arizona loves you.