Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lost

So I got lost today. I wanted to find out what would happen if I took a turn I had never taken before. At first all was well, I completely recognized the area from my runs and previous life in Yokosuka. But then it got very . . . circley. . . I was trying to take logical turns but that never seems to work here in Japan. I found a Japanese army base (?), it was a base of some sort with lots of guards and fences and security. Past that I got to tour some of the country side, who knew it was so close. I found a lake, a strawberry farm, someplace I can't seem to describe but you had to pay to park there and there were A LOT of people there, bunches of schools, and a really good view of Mt. Fuji (I think that's what it was). Basically I spent 2hrs driving randomly. Finally I found a sign the the name of my neighborhood on it, drove through a reeeaaaalllly looooong tunnel and was suddenly home. A little strange but not at all unlike Japan.

No comments: