Friday, March 13, 2009

Happy Pi Day Eve!

‘Twas the Night Before Pi Day
Written by Jenny & Amanda

‘Twas the night before pi day
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
The pies were all out

Topped with cherries,
Blueberries and peach
In hopes of pleasing
Our favorite math teach

I was lulled to sleep
By the scent of the cream
Vision of math men
Danced in my dream

When out on the lawn
There arose such a plop
I dashed outside
To see 3 pi men plop

The moon glowing brightly
The stars would reveal
3.14, were my eyes forsaking me?
Were they actually real?

3 was the leader
And 1 stood behind
Followed by four
This all boggled my mind

But that was not all
There appeared to be more
One, five, and nine
Were behind the door

Two, six, and 5
Were behind the tree
What do I do?
The pi men have surrounded me!

Intimidated by the numbers
They all formed to one
A strange looking symbol
This did not look fun!

The symbol approached me
Then muttered strange words
About solving equations
It all sounded absurd

“Pi r squared, solve for the circle”
I started to run
I did not wish to solve,
My brain hurt a ton

Its squiggly legs
Came bouncing behind,
Chanting along
“The answer you must find”

Hiding proved
To be in vein
He always found me
He even knew my name

I finally gave in
To his evil grasp
I solve the equation
As he had asked

Pleased by my actions
He gathered all of the numbers behind
They started to leave
It unclogged my mind

And before they’d depart
It had one last thing to say
“Happy Pi celebration to all
And to all a great day!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Pi day to you
Happy pi day to you
Happy Pi day to everyone
Happy Pi day to you!