Sunday, May 10, 2009

May... Not so go so far

I can't believe it is already May! and almost 1/2 way through May at that. This has already been a dramtic month. From sick friends to loss of job security, I am worried for the second half of this month.

Last week we got word that Dr. Miles is planning on cutting 350 middle school teachers! That translates to 13 teachers at Yokosuka Middle school alone. Since this is only my first year (technically) I have no security at all that I will be kept. Yet another reason to switch to E.T.

This weekend I got to run in a race on Ikego base for Friendship Day. It was a very nice day, made even better since the whole week leading up to Saturday was yucky and rainy. I beat my time from my previous race and consdering this one had a hill included (both ways) I feel pretty good. Didn't beat my time but much, but still I am improving. This coming week will be my first 20mile in a very long time. I am feeling very good about my improvement. I am still behind from where I was last year but I can't dwell on that and must just look at moving forward.

No comments: