Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rocky?!?!

Monday in London went by like a blur. The day began with me going to Leadenhall Market, they did some Harry Potter filming there. It was pretty small for how big they made it look on screen. But still it was very exciting to be there. From there I went to Buckingham Palace to watch the changing of the guards. It was very structured and everything was just right to change out the four guards out front. They came marching in (around 40 in the big hats and red uniforms and another 40 in black uniforms). There was even a band to play for them as they marched in. The music while marching was very royal and somber. Once inside the gate they started to set up to play some more. They started out very slowly, you could just here them over the crowd. There were people from all over the world, it was amazing to hear so many voices speaking so many different languages, some I recognized some not so much. But then the music was getting louder and a little familiar?? The whole crowd started to listen closely and then slowly you hear everyone say "Rocky????". The ROYAL GUARD was playing the theme to Rocky?!?! A little off putting but. . . well there's not much more you can say about that. The rest of their selections were what I would have expected from the Royal Guard playing in front of Buckingham Palace.

From the Palace I headed over the Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. I spent a lot of time there, nothing terribly exciting just very interesting. I did get to sit inside the theatre and watch as they were setting up for the next play opening this weekend. I left there to go back to the West End for another show.

And. . . I got lost again! But this time I ended up at the European Premier of the new Batman movie. There I was just feet from the stars and the Batmobile. The crowd was huge so I didn't actually stay all that long, the pressure and heat was enormous. Anyway I had a play to go to. I forget the name right now, but it was pretty good. I am more of a musical person so the fact that they didn't burst out into song was a little sad, but there was dancing. I got invited to go by my new friend David, a tour guide from the London Bridge. He had to go to this play so he could tell tourists about it and invited me to join.

After the play I found my way back to the Batman movie, hoping to see some celebrity leaving the theater. The crowd was much smaller then, but I didn't recognize anyone leaving. The main stars had apparently left another way and were already long gone. I heard a rumor that some Harry Potter stars were inside- but I didn't see any.

1 comment:

Math and Lyrics said...

Hey, sounds like you've had an amazing summer. I messaged you on Facebook, check it out!!