Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Sunday

Sunday was great, quick breakdown- Church, got lost, Church again, lost again.

Church-part 1

I got to go to Mass at Westminster Cathedral. It was absolutely beautiful inside, even if they were doing massive restoration. Afterwards I walked over to Buckingham Palace. Very cool! Didn't stay to watch the changing of the guards, since I would have had to wait over an hour and there are many things I want to do, so waiting wasn't on my agenda. I started to wander towards Picadilly Circus. Very exciting area with lots of people. From there I decided to get on a bus to Westminster Abbey.

Lost- part 1

The bus I got on was the right bus. . . In the wrong direction. Wish I could say I noticed but I didn't. Along the way I started to think that the ride was taking longer than I had expected but what do I know? I'm a tourist. I have decided I like the riding the double decker bus better than taking the underground. (The bus will be a story for another day.) From the top of the bus I noticed that there was a really great looking open market going on. There where TONS of people, you could barely see the road. I decided to get off the bus to wander through the market. I loved the market, got some tea and cookies. Also found some great pictures I loved. The whole thing was so much fun. When I was leaving was when I realized I had no idea where I was, since I was trying to leave. Finally I figured out I had merely gone the wrong direction on the bus line. Got on the bus and headed the right direction to Wesminster Abbey.

Church- part 2

Got the Abbey just in time for an afternoon service. It was AMAZING inside. And I got to sit in a very cool seat. I have no pictures to show, prohibited during serives, but I will have to find a picture to show you all later. From there I went to the Tower of London and the London Bridge. Both very fun to look at and intersting to learn how the bridge works. Leaving the bridge I decided to take a walk along the Thames River.

Lost- part 2

The walk was amazing. I started to head back to the dorm for an early night. But then noticed the Millenium bridge and decided to cross. Found St. Paul's Cathedral and looked around that. From there I had no idea where to go, but it took 3 hrs to get back to the dorm. All ended well.

I am now very homesick. And am ready to finally be home. I love you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knew getting lost could be so much fun. Glad you made it to church. So how exacly did you find your way back to the dorm? I hope you didn't walk back. Take care we all miss you.

Anonymous said...

Hurry home!
I'm glad you're having fun.