Monday, August 25, 2008

Cell Phone

So I got a new cell phone.

Saturday night I went to the AU store to get a cell phone, the girl at the counter presented me with three cell phones I could get free with a plan. After much deliberation I decided on one of them, then I had to decide color, green or pink? I stared at both sitting on the counter for probably 5-10 min, finally deciding on pink. The whole time the girl the sitting there watching me smiling and waiting patiently. When I announce my decision she immediately tells me they are out of pink and only have the green in stock. So I get the green one.

Sunday night I am playing with my new phone, pushing buttons entering important phone numbers. When somehow I set of the alarm!! It's seemed to be some kind of security alarm to alert others that you need help, except I couldn't turn it off! It kept asking for a code, which I had no idea what it was. It would also say things to me in Japanese- NOT HELPFUL! Mind you this is the night before the first day of school, I had wanted to get to bed early to rest for my first day back. But instead I was trying to get this alarm shut off while not alerting the entire hotel to my apparent "emergency". Failing to figure out how to shut the alarm off, I could only think to muffle the sound until the battery ran out. So I took the cushions off the couch sandwiched the phone between them and shoved into the closet. Needless to say sleep was . . . difficult. But in the morning the battery had died and upon charging the phone up the alarm was disabled. I will try to not push that button again- if I can ever remember which one it was.

Oh yeah, the first of school was great.

No comments: