Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Japan

I arrived into Yokosuka last night and am still very jet-lagged. The trip was actually very uneventful, especially considering my usual traveling adventures. It was nice when I got through the gate to see two of my favorite people waiting to greet me. Jill and Monica were both there with open arms. I am just amazed at how lucky I am that I left Phoenix hugging my wonderful family and immediately stepped off the plane into the hugging arms of my wonderful friends. Things here haven't changed, but then I haven't had a chance to get into the school yet where there will be new teachers and adminstrators to meet.

Now I get the start the fun of finding a new home, car, furniture, . . . And while I did get into the BOQ to stay for a couple weeks the entire base is booked after Sept. 8. So I am not too sure where I will go from here if I haven't found my new home yet. I am not really in a huge hurry to find a home since none of my stuff will be here until mid October.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it there okay and have fun! Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU MISS YOU MISS YOU. WISH ONLY THE BEST FOR YOU, IT'S SO SAD TO JUST SEE A ROOM OF EMPTY BOXES LEFT BEHIND. THE KIDS MISS YOU LOTS, TAKE CARE.