Thursday, September 25, 2008

DELL!!!

Okay so my computer crashed! Spent 10 hours Sunday trying to get them to ship a new hard drive to me here in Japan. This caused HUGE confusion for this company. They were enormously confused since I live in Japan but don't have a Japanese address and my FPO address doesn't seem to count as an address. They had me calling 10 different numbers (5 of them were Japanese- where surprise they spoke only Japanese!). Finally I spoke to someone who was like oh yeah of course we can sent this to you at you military address, no problem! NO PROBLEM?!?!? Who had I been speaking to for 10 hours who made it into a huge problem?!?!?

So now I wanted to complain to someone for all the trouble I had gone through. Not just the trouble of getting the hard drive shipped here but for the fact that I needed a new hard drive for a computer less than two years old. The guy said he would have a "resolution manager" call me back and I could report what I needed to and that this guy would see that my problem was resolved to my satisfaction. They made note that I am in Japan so to note the time difference when calling me back.

Of course I got the return phone call at 1am, Tuesday! They guy told me that they were still working on my problem and that my part had not been shipped yet and they were unsure when it would be shipped. So just to clarify, I asked, “So you woke me up at 1am just to tell me you have done nothing and you don’t know when something will be done?!?!” I asked who he was and he said he was my “resolution manage” to which I pointed out that NOTHING had been resolved! He said he would call me back.

I'll talk about the call back and other conversations later. This is getting long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about your computer, but your new battery is on the way. Who knows, maybe they will send you a new computer. Here in Arizona all is fine. Take care