Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Finally Here!!!!

Finally I have arrived in Scotland! It only took two days, but whatever. I should have known it was going to be a rocky trip when I was "randomly" chosen to be searched, even patted down! Mostly I was worried they would confiscate my peanut butter, when they said they think it was over the 3oz limit. When I offered to eat some to bring it to the right amount they dropped it. After that things did not get better lets see:
  • Couldn't land in Toronoto, had to sit at Hamilton Airport for over 2 hours
  • Flight to London was canceled, but not after teasing us until 1am telling us that we were about the board any minute.
  • All hotels were booked so I had to sleep on the floor of the airport terminal
  • Couldn't leave aiport and flight wasn't until 6pm, lots of fun in that boring place
  • Flight landed late (but I did get meal service along with a seat with extra leg room)
  • Missed train to Scotland by 20hrs
  • Caught new train, but then that one was canced, but not until we were on board
  • Ended up having to change trains partway here

The view from the trains was spectacular!! The windows were really dirty so no good pictures but I will try again later. The hostel is GREAT, big old scary castle. Very creaky. Can't wait to see if it proves its hauntedness.

Just once I would like to start my adventure AFTER I arrive.

I am starving!! I am heading off to town for dinner. I miss everyone at home already. Cheeres!!

No comments: